Saturday, September 24, 2005

Family History

When I started researching my family history in 1997 my aim was to find out the names and something about each of my great grandparents. At the time I didn't realise I was on such a voyage of discovery!!

My great grandparents names ...
Ellen Matilda Notley & Walter Elvy Eastland
Edith Lillian Payne & Joseph Henry Bramwell
Kate Larkin & Fred Foster
Tom Shirt & Lily Horrocks

Names are OK but you need to put 'skin' on the 'bones' to make them come alive so my hope is to blog some details that make them do just that.

I managed in my research to go even further and now know the names of all my great, great grandparents!

Ellen Notleys parents ... James Notley & Eliza Jane Luxton
Walter Elvy Eastlands parents ... Henry Eastland & Sarah Elvy
Edith Lillian Payne parents ... Sidney Payne & Charlotte Baker
Joseph Bramwells parents ... Peter Bramwell & Suzzanah Crossland
Kate Larkins parents ... Patrick Larkin & Sarah Oakden
Fred Fosters parents ... Francis Foster & Jemima Brown
Tom Shirt's parents ... George Shirt & Hannah Barnes
Lily Horrocks parents ... George Hunter Horrocks & Sara Smith

1 comment:

gary j. introne said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.