Thursday, March 25, 2010

To DSLR or not to DSLR

To DSLR or not to DSLR, that is the million dollar question.

I've wanted my trusty Fuji Finepix F10 to do more than it's capable of for some time now. Not in that way Kerri Hastry!!! I know how your mind works lol. I want it to zoom in on things a long way away & to 'see' through misty/cloudy days. It doesn't, so I have to be content with pictures like this (Taken in Egypt from the hot air balloon ... the sun rising over the river Nile.)

I'm sure with the addition of a polarising filter my camera would have seen what I saw with my own eyes.

I'm a bit hesitant to go all out and get a proper grown up DSLR camera because they look so big, and with a bag full of lens's & filters to carry around too, I'm not sure I would bother taking that many "snaps".

Today, with a bit of help from the people over at the DIBB, I think I've found a sollution. It's called a Panasonic Lumix FZ28. It looks just the camera I'm after. Small & light enough to carry round with me but has a X18 zoom lens AND a polarising filter.

So it's off to Jessops on Saturday, armed with my birthday money, to see what they suggest :O)

No comments: