Saturday, July 16, 2011

Sometimes Your Luck's In & Sometimes It Isn't

It's time I updated my blog me thinks :O)

I've got over the shock of becoming a grandma. Now I can't wait until our little bundle of joy arrives. Gemma's got her 12 week scan on Friday so will hopefully see our first photo of Ewan/Edee soon :O)

Andrew & I were supposed to go away in June. Had the week booked off from work and everything. Unfortunately we had to cancel our plans as Andrew was stuck doing Jury service for 2 weeks. It wasn't the best experience in the world I can tell you.

I couldn't change my week off that I'd booked so Monday I took Elena & Jack to Gunwharf Quays for the day. We wandered around the shops and had lunch at Bar39.

My gorgeous Elena said she would go away with me to see my best friend Teresa. So we drove up to Oxcroft on the Tuesday & back again on the Saturday. The journey was easy as Elena was the best Sat Nav anyone could wish for. She is now very competent at reading maps! We stopped off at Warwick service station for a Starbucks Latte & some Kentucky Fried Chicken, yum.

On the Wednesday we went with Teresa & Emily to Clumber Park and then went to pick Max up from school.
Thursday was spent at Ikea & other shops around that area. Bought an Ikea High Chair for home (recommended by mother of 5 ... Tree)
& treated myself to an Owl doorstop from Laura Ashley, which I'm in love with.
Had a walk around Cresswell Crags on the Friday with Tree, Nik, Jake, Max & Emily.


3 days soon came and went & we both had a brilliant time thanks to the Cooper family ... love you all squillions :O)

Andrew did have a bit of good news. He won tickets to the Premier of Harry Potter on the 8th July.
A full week before anyone else saw the film. We went over to Gunwharf Quays from work, presented our tickets, walked up the red carpet and watched the live streaming of the event in London. The film was brilliant. We had an evening meal in Frankie & Benny's before catching the 11:15pm Catamaran back home.

The following weekend (last Saturday) Andrew & I had a day trip to Christchurch to spend the day with some more special friends, Jean & John.

They took us on a walk around Henngisbury Head & then into Christchurch across the river to the Old Water Mill.


We had another brilliant day and will hopefully call when we finally get to see Claire & family at the end of August.

Went to Newport last night to watch The Deathly Hallows again. This time with Elena, Jack & Gemma. Well, I needed a pair of these {{grin}} Harry Potter 3D glasses :O)
Gemma couldn't wait to try hers on lol.

No comments: