Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Remember Our Heros

It's the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month ~ who do you think of when the radio announces the 2 minutes silence? Well I think of my grandad who served in the WW2 and luckily survived & my great grandfather's brother Tom Bramwell who unfortunately lost his life in WW1.

Today's word at HSMSHS is remember so I have taken a photo of my poppy. It's attached to my bag at the moment. I'm hoping to download the song 'Hero' tonight (if I can get my flippin iTunes to work) as all the money from this single goes to the men & women who have been injured fighting for our country. It's an amazing charity and needs every ones support. I am against war & fighting & don't even get me started about Iraq! Having said that, I don't think the men & women joined the army, air force & navy to kill anyone. It's just a horrible side of their job and although the horrible side of my job is sorting out nasty customers it pales into insignificance when you know the sacrifices they have made & are still making.

No comments: