Saturday, March 28, 2009

Entertainment

It's Saturday already, where does the time go? I've had a marathon catch up with the BBC iPlayer over the last few days. I love the iPlayer, it's the best invention since the DVD. I've caught up on all the 'Nature's Great Events' programmes. They were just amazing and there's just something so comforting about listening to David Attenborough narrating them. Then I watched both episodes of Yellowstone Park and finally I watched the real Swiss Family Robinson.

Apart from boring housework and packing (or starting to pack) I've altered the back door curtain we bought from B&Q. Andrew's been putting the trim around the kitchen window and tomorrow he is going to fix the blind up. Apart from the floor the kitchen is completely finished :O)

Elena was supposed to be in 'Alice in Wonderland' this weekend. A show they have been practising for the past few months, but unfortunately she's just too ill. She hasn't eaten anything for 4 days and both her ears are hurting now. I hope she will feel better soon. Gemma's come down with the same cold & sore throat and only wants soup for tea. What am I going to do with them?

The last of the Tesco clubcard deals arrived this morning so we can book next years holiday on Monday. That will hopefully make the holiday blues a bit more bearable when we get home.

Andrew & I went a quick walk this afternoon to Shanklin and back. It was so sunny and warm while we walked along the cliff path but half way back along the seafront the heavens opened. We were like 2 drowned rats when we got home lol.Tonight we're having a movie night in, as Andrew's bought a copy of his beloved James Bond. I'm not really sure if I like the Quantum of Solace or not but I'll give it another go before passing final judgement.

Talking of films, the new Dream Works film, Monsters Vs. Aliens is out at the cinema and it stars the brilliant Hugh Laurie as Dr Cockroach lol. Not that far removed from House then!

1 comment:

The Girl With The Mousy Hair said...

mmm.. I know you only live once unless your a budhist of course. I am glad you are blogging I was woried you might have exploded from excitment. I know you will all have the best time.Mr Brown has gone today I spoke to him this morning perhaps he will warm up the deck chair for you.