Tuesday, June 02, 2009

A Sign Of The Times

It's been the hottest day of the year today, long may it continue :O) Elena's been making ice lollies from Angel Delight so we can't wait to try them tomorrow. With the left over mixture she had a go at making a McDonalds thick shake lol by adding vanilla ice cream. Andrew thought it was 'gross' but me and Elena thought it was fab. It's an Elena Smoothie, oh yes :O) Notice the new Gazebo! Andrew bought it with some of his birthday money. The old one had been up and down for so many summers the material had perished. I love it when we put the gazebo up, it makes the garden look very summery.

Elena's been helping us buy watering all the new plants. The beans are growing too. I only planted them 10 days ago & at this rate we'll be eating them next month. I can't wait. I've been painting the staging Andrew built ages ago for the herb pots. It looks so much better now if I say so myself. Just had to put this on my blog. It's a tin sign we bought from the Old Village in Shanklin last week when we went with Claire & the gang. I just couldn't resist getting it for Andrew. There isn't a week goes buy when someone says Dad, can you mend this?

1 comment:

The Girl With The Mousy Hair said...

I am afraid I am with Andrew on the Smoothie thing eegh!
Your garden is looking good. I love the herb pos they are brilliant on the little steps.