Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Cakes, Coving & Coupons

Andrew's been working as hard as ever and over the weekend managed to prep the ceiling in the bathroom and put up the coving & paper it (the ceiling not the coving). Is there no end to this mans talents :O) Once it's dry it just needs painting along with the door & architrave. The side of the bath needs tiling & the window needs finishing off. Once all that's done we can cover the floor & it's finished. So in 8 months he's managed to refit the kitchen & utility room, decorate & re carpet 4 bedrooms, put in a new kitchen & emulsion the dining room as well as holding down a 40plus hour job & cook us all some amazing food. I love him so flippin much, how can one man do all that without any help? It makes me more determind to save as much money as I can to take him on holiday :O)

Elena is still baking cakes and is trying to create a masterpiece for her friends birthday on Thursday. She's been inspired by the American TV show Ace of Cakes, so Duff, watch out!

Elena's also introduced me to 'Desperate Housewives' which I'm loving. We record it on Sky+ and watch it together when I get in from work as well as having a cuddle of course.

Last but not least, I can't go without mentioning our trip to Tesco tonight. We needed bread & icing sugar so off we go with a list & some coupons and buy some provisions. The lovely lad on the till started scanning all the coupons until the price got down to 12p! That's a first, I've never paid for my shopping with a 20 pence piece before lol.

No comments: