Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Mr Blue Sky!

Today was only my second day off work since I started my new job last November, (as long as you don't count weekends & bank holidays of course). The first being the wonderful weekend away in London.

I listened to a bit of Wave 105 (the best radio station in the world) whilst I eat my breakfast & did my usual jobs. After deliberating what to do with all this time I decided to take my new Harlan Coben book & a fold away chair into the garden to read.
The sun was glorious. There's something wonderful about the warmth of the sun on your back, makes you feel heavenly. Whilst I sat there, the dried pampas grass fronds swayed gently in the breeze & the birds sang their little hearts out. There was a slight hint of salt in the air from the sea & every now & then the seagulls screamed at the top of their lungs. The odd 2 seater plane flew in the beautiful blue cloudless sky above, ripping through the peace & quiet like a chain saw. Then it would all settle down again until you could hear the bees buzzing round the last of the spring flowers. It made me realise how lucky I was to live in such a beautiful place :O)

The pampas grass fronds no longer sway in the breeze because I spent all afternoon cutting them down lol!

No comments: