Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Amelia Withington

Found this comment on my blog today from Ian. I have no idea how long it's been there so Ian, if you read this thank you for the information :O) Let me know if you want to get in touch.

Came across you by accident.Interested in your information on the Withingtons.I am researching my grandmother Amy Withington who married Amelias husband William Bennett in 1915.Like yourselves I have drawn a blank on trying to trace Amy through the Withington side of the family and trying a different approach by tracing the grandson John.All I can tell you is that Amelia did die in childbirth and is buried in Lowton St Lukes churchyard.William Bennett died in 1916 in ww1 in Basra.Alice Ann must have died between 1911 and 1916 as young John was living with my grandmother Amy and John Withington at 161 Church Lane.Lowton.Amy left Lowton and returned home to her parents house in Hindley where she gave birth to my dad in Jan 1917.Although I carry the Bennett name as did my dad he was not Williams son.Your research has given me some valuable information. I wondered what had become of William and Amelias son.It now looks like he remained with his grandfather in Lowton.Although Amelia and Amy have the same surname we do not think they were related.Good hunting for the information you are looking for.

Ian Bennett. Chorley.Lancs

No comments: