Friday, December 22, 2006

Day 22 ~ Jobs to be done


Shimelle's prompt today was to write a list of jobs left to do so here goes ...

Oooo, just before I write my list I just want to say how lucky I am that Andrew sorts the food out so that is one headache I don't have. We make a menu (done) and make sure we have all the food for it (nearly done) and Andrew cooks it all (he's a fab cook). Last night he made a Christmas cake ~ A CHRISTMAS CAKE NOW ~ I hear you cry. Well, nobody eats fruit cake in our house so he has made a chocolate sponge which he is going to ice and put little decorations on top - how sweet :O). This photo was taken as he had just finished. He even washes up after himself (I love him so much).

Sooooo here's my list ...

  • Go to Morrisons to buy some Malibu, Magners Irish Cider, Archers & WKD alchopops and maybe some Tia Maria for Gemma (depending on how many savings stamps I have left).
  • Buy a tin of Chocolates & a bottle of Asti for Tricia and John and wrap them.
  • Deliver Jack & Jordannas presents, Mum & Dads presents, Tricia & Johns presents.
  • Post cards to all our neighbours (by hand).
  • Wrap Andrews "white sand"!!

The White Sand Story ... I asked Andrew what he wanted for Christmas and he said a palm tree, turquoise water & some white sand. What he meant was he wants another holiday in the Caribbean. Money won't allow such a present so I have taken him literally. I found a blow up palm tree in Woollies, a small bottle of WKD blueberry (I think that's the flavour, it's turquoise water anyway?!) so I went to the craft shop yesterday and bought a small pot of white glitter. I thought about sand paper etc but nothing else was the right colour so glitter will have to do. I had thought of putting it all in the same box and writing "DIY Caribbean Kit" on the lid? But they maybe wrapped individually and put in his stocking.

  • Go to Newport to give Andrew Avril's presents he forgot this morning. :rolleyes:
  • Get Elena to wrap her presents to Gemma & Lisa.
  • Buy the vegetables.

I can't think of anything else, but I may come back during the day, adding to the list.

2 comments:

scrapdolly said...

I am cracked up here reading this. I LOVE the sporut story and the DIY Caribbean kit is fabby.
What a brilliant post.

And how lucky you are to have Andrew cook.

Yizz said...

The sprout story is classic, so funny. My DH does the cooking too - mind he's no good at house maintenance, good job I am.