Saturday, December 23, 2006

Day 23 ~ Stockings


It’s the best bit about Christmas, I don’t know why but I love them. When I was a child, on Christmas Eve, we would go and get a sock out of my Dad’s drawer. The biggest ones in there were his Liverpool football socks. They were red & white and size 12. My brother would have one and I would have the other. We would hang them on our bedroom door knob and in the morning we would find them on the end of the bed full of presents. The only things I can remember though were the nuts and the Satsuma at the bottom.

We kept the tradition for the girls but they have shop bought Christmas stockings. They put them on the end of the bed and in the morning they all jump into our bed to open them (even now). A couple of years ago, Gemma asked if she could do a Christmas stocking for Andrew & I and we have had one ever since. This year there are 7 stockings to fill, but instead of Matt having to get into bed with us we are going to wait for Liam to arrive and then open them all together – I can’t wait.

I've been really brave and written the journalling myself (I don't like my hand writting). I want to put a list of the pressies inside the stocking ~ at the moment the list is blank ~ too many prying eyes (lol).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's nothing wrong with your handwriting! Great page.

scrapdolly said...

I love this page - what a great idea