Saturday, August 23, 2008

Moaning, sorry.

Ooo I just need to have a moan, sorry. It's all to do with work & I'm so cross about it, I'm finding it hard to find the right words. As a manager I have to put up with quite a lot especially from our customers. I don't mind 99% of the time because that's what I get paid to do.

I have to say at this point that the majority of customers are lovely & I love my job but, what I object to more than anything are people, who aren't even customers, giving me grief. We have a certain woman at the moment, who on her last visit was obnoxious to say the least. She made everyone's life a misery, threatening to sue the company on more than one occasion to the extent where 4 members of staff have refused to deal with her again. I actually can't believe she wants to come back again. So on Thursday, after clearing it with the owner of the site I phoned her and left a message to say I was refusing to take her booking. She phoned the girls in the office demanding that I phone her straight away which I said no, she would have to wait until I started my shift at 5pm. She phoned at 5pm and in the end I told her I was ending the conversation at put the phone down. She phoned back and she ended up putting the phone down on me. Then at ten to 8 last night her husband phoned and started having a go and they aren't even customers. All I am doing is protecting the staff from obnoxious, rude, abusive people with the full backing of the owner & site manager and I am at the end of my tether. I don't want to swear at them although they make me feel like it so today if they phone again I am going to refuse to talk to them and any contact they want to make must be made in writing. Heavens above they make my blood boil!!!!

Right, now I've got that off my chest, Elena went to Twycross Zoo yesterday with Teresa & the gang. She had a wonderful time and saw loads of animals including Elephants, Giraffes & Lions. I asked her how she knew they were Lions ~ were they just lion around lol ~ but I think I've used that joke too much now so all she did was cringe bless her. We got a post card from her too with a photo of Mablethorpe on the front.

No comments: