Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Boots Bargains

I had some letters to post this afternoon so, instead of walking down the road, I thought I'd go to Shanklin & call in at Boots. The sales assistants are really lovely in the Shanklin branch and today was no exception. A few weeks ago I had a couple of till spits to get £5 off face cream/toner etc. so I picked up some time delay products (Boots own brand) but decided, although they were free, I wouldn't use them so I asked the SA if I could swap them for something else. Apparently you're not supposed to swap make up & the like but after inspecting them to make sure they hadn't been used (which they hadn't) the SA agreed to let me have something else instead. It's only a little Boots with not much choice but I did manage to get this little lot. I paid the rest of the balance with a £10 gift voucher from pigsback and she ended up giving me 31p back plus a voucher for £5 off any No7 product (which is what I wanted) ~ how cool is that :O)

My bestest friend Teresa is on a road trip today with her wonderful other half Nik & my gorgeous little godson Max. They've been to Blackpool to pick up a vehicle as one of Nik's many jobs (he's very tallented you know) is vehicle recovery. There's been a running report on their progress over on Teresa's blog which has had me in stitches most of the morning :O) The problem is, although they are northeners, they don't seem to know what Blackpool Tower looks like ;O) so just for Teresa, this is it ... see it's very big and you can't miss it lol.

Now this one is just for you Tree xXx

4 comments:

Hazel said...

You did well at Boots - love it when you get bargains and vouchers.

Jenn Alvarez said...

Great take on the prompt!

lovelylushlisa said...

OOOooo those cupcake thingies look yummy!!! Well done for all your bargains, I guess it runs in the family hey?! Love you lots xxxxx

Teresa said...

LOL you copycat! :OP
This should have been our first thought when the word 'stripes' came up, but it didn't dawn on me till afternoon (but i was up early yesterday)
Love ya xxx