Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Musical Memories & Magical MP3's

Ooooo just watched House {{grin}} It was FANTASTIC, I am so addicted. Bit of a shame the PI guy wasn't in this one as I really like him but hey, there's always next week :O) I was so pleased that Wilson's back & it was great to see a bit more of the old team too.

Today's HSMSHS word is stripes. The light here this morning is pants, it's raining that very fine rain that doesn't look much but wets you through so everwhere's really dark. I had to put the kitchen light on just to make a cuppa. Anyway, here's some very wet stripes.Memory for today: It's not a very strong memory, I can just remember bits & pieces. I heard Dean Friedman singing 'Thank Your Lucky Starts' on the radio last night & it made me remember the night when Andrew & I went to see him at the theatre in Ryde. (I know the girls were little & I'm sure it was before Elena was even thought of lol.) It was a fab evening & he was a genuinely lovely man. We got to meet his family who had gone on tour with him, so it was quite a small affair, nothing on the scale of mainland concerts lol. He sang lots of new songs as well as the stuff we remembered from the 70's Lucky Stars, Lydia & Ariel. I remember him singing Ariel to a friends daughter, he got her up on the stage, sat her on a stool and sang it to her. Her Mum was so pleased because she had named her Ariel after that song. I did a college course with her Mum, Alison and we tasted tomatoes together at Wight Salad. Alison died a few years later of cancer, which was really, really sad. It's amazing how many memories one song can evoke.

Talking of songs & music, have you seen my superdooper virtual iPod ---> isn't it fab :O) Elena showed me how to do it (ooo she is clever) thanks Elena ~ I LOVE it xXx I've only got 15 songs on it at the moment, not sure if I will add anymore yet??? I didn't want anything too upbeat otherwise I wouldn't be able to sit here & type, I'd be up dancing around the house like a mad woman lol. I love dancing I do hehe :O)

On another musical note, Elena's poor iPod shuffle has gone to the iPod graveyard in the sky (sound better than the dustbin). After the wizz round the washing machine yesterday it doesn't work at all now, nothing, nada, zilch! It's probably a good job she put a new iPod on the top of her list to Father Christmas this year. She asked for one that holds more songs & all her beloved episodes of Jimmy Clitheroe ~ bless her. The problem is she doesn't want just any old iPod, she wants a green one! Brilliant I thought, I have a voucher that gives you £10 off at Argos. The only problem is they don't have any green ones in stock. I think the voucher's good for a couple of weeks though so fingers crossed.

Aww ~ Just edited to say: I started reading my blog out loud to Andrew. I read "I heard Dean Friedman singing 'Thank Your Lucky Starts' on the radio last night & it made me remember ..." and before I could go any further, he said "Alison". I hadn't realised that Andrew shared the same memory. Alison left behind a son who is about Gemma's age & twin girls who are about Lisa's age. Nobody could believe it when she died so yes, I thank my lucky stars!!

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Love your wet stripes, what are they of?
Poor old Elena's ipod, isn't she a ninny *tuts* but just gorgeous with it LOL
Got your work cut out looking for a green ipod. I think the new range of nano's are in mad colours, will keep an eye out for you.
The memory is lovely but also sad. Your poor friend and daughter. I love the name Ariel (its also Disneys Little Mermaid, my favourite cartoon movie).
We are still on our way to Blackpool, its dry here but was raining when we set off. Just posted my stripes photos
Love ya xXx

Bobs said...

What a great shot for 'Stripes'! I love it!

I used to love Dean Friedman's 'Lydia'. Fab song. How lucky of you to have actually met him.

xx

Diana said...

I too love your drippy stripes. Wish it would rain here.