Monday, January 05, 2009

Two Little Boys

I was feeling very nostalgic last night and downloaded one of Rolf Harris's hit songs, Two Little Boys, from iTunes. It was the Christmas No.1 in 1969 and I loved it, I still do :O) Mum & Dad came round to see us this afternoon and I told them what I'd done. Dad told me about the time we had gone to the Palace in Manchester to see a show starring Jimmy Tarbuck. I would have been about 5 or 6 and second on the bill was Rolf Harris. I didn't remember any of it apart from some distant recollection of the gap between Tarby's front teeth lol. Anyway, Rolf had just had a hit with Two Little Boys the Christmas before and apparently asked the audience what they wanted him to sing. I had shouted out 2 little boys and so he sang it. How flippin cool is that! I adore Rolf Harris :O)
Back at work today after the Christmas break. It wasn't as bad as I thought, it never usually is. It was great to see Kerri and catch up with all her news from the Big Apple.

No comments: