Saturday, April 25, 2009

Time Flies When You're Having Fun.

Wednesday 15th April

OMG it's Wednesday already! The time is going so quickly. We've had a chill out day today. Not that we haven't been chilled out all holiday you understand but as chill out days go, this has to be the best. I've been to the Serena Spa again this morning & Reeta massaged my head, neck, shoulders & back until I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. The scent of the oils & the sound of the waves lapping up onto the rocks underneath the spa was fantastic, she definitely has magic fingers. Afterwards I was soooo chilled out I felt a bit disorientated and lost my way back to the beach. I ended up in the restaurant, asking Hussan directions back to the bungalow. He found it highly amuzing so I think his suspicions of my madness have been confirmed lol.

While I was gone Andrew & Elena snorkelled around the reefs. When I got back I joined them in the sea and that's where we stayed, bobbing about, most of the day. Only getting out for drinks & food. Andrew spent some time feeding the fish, it is so good to see him having some fun.

Just before 6pm we walked over to the other side of the island to watch the sunset again. You can tell roughly what time it is just by the position of the sun. If it's just above the horizon it's about 9am. If it's directly above you it's lunch time & if it's disapeared over the treeline it's just gone 5pm. When I was at school we were taught that if you were on the equator you got the same amount of daylight & darkness everyday & at 12 midday you had no shadow because the sun was directly above the earth. I'm happy to report both are true :O) The snorkel boats leave at 10am, 11:30 & 3pm too, so we didn't need a watch all holiday lol.

After tea we strolled around the island in the dark. The sky is so black & the stars are so clear it's amazing. We walked up the jetty to see if we could see any fish. The undewater lights picked out a huge one, bigger than anything we've seen so far (Elena thought it was a dolphin). Then it started chasing the smaller fish until they lept out of the water to make their escape. We see fish leaping out of the water in the daytime too, now we know why.

No comments: