Monday, May 18, 2009

Angels & Demons

We’ve had another busy day today, (I wish the time I spent at work would go so quick). We spent Saturday afternoon cleaning & tidying the conservatory & dining room. It started off just dusting then I decided the curtains needed a wash and before I knew it we were emulsioning the walls! Are we mad or what?

Lisa & Liam spent the day revising for their exams next week so keep everything crossed for them. Sam spent the afternoon with Steve celebrating Steve’s ‘Run the Wight’. Every year people ‘Walk the Wight’ to raise money for the Earl Mountbatten Hospice, but Steve decided to run it lol. Well done Steve.

I must just tell you this because every time I hear the word Hospice it makes me smile. A few years ago I had gone with my Mum, Dad, Elena, Jack & Jordanna to Godshill for a walk. I think it must have been a teacher training day or something so we decided to take the kids out. Anyway, in Godshill, there’s a wishing well, and all the money that’s thrown in it goes to the Hospice. Jack my nephew asked me, what’s a Hospice? Then he started laughing and said ‘about 6 gallons’ roflmao. He was only 7 or 8 at the time too, what a little monkey.

I digress sorry :O) So Gemma is going on holiday tomorrow for 5 days, to a farm on the Island called Nettlecombe. She’s taking some clients from work and seems genuinely excited about the prospect. I hope she has a lovely time with them.

Elena’s been cleaning and tidying her room in readiness for her cousin Zoe. Elena & Zoe always get on really well and usually share a bedroom when they get together.

After our gorgeous roast lamb dinner tonight (thank you Andrew) we took Lisa, Liam & Sam to the catamaran, stopping first at Liam’s Mum’s in St Helens. Then, after we had dropped them off, we went to Cineworld in Newport to watch Angels & Demons. Tom Hanks & Ewan McGregor in the same film, what more could you ask for. It was really good too. In fact, I thought it was better than the DaVinci Code.

No comments: